Mark and I took a road trip to Portland, Ore. We stayed in Boise on the way there with Brian and Kim Hatch where we watched Emily play soccer. We had a great time visiting with them. The next morning we left for Portland to see Trevor, Summer and Madi. We stopped in Pendleton and looked around, it wasn't that great. The drive was really pretty along the Columbia River.
As you know we love to sight see and we had great tour guides. We went to the Air Museum in Tillamook where Marks Dad served in the 1940's. He was on a Blimp that crashed into the ocean and we found a pic of him in the exhibit hall. It was really interesting, but cold in there!
We went to the Cheese Factory and watched the employees work! We had cheese samples, lunch and then headed for Seaside. We played a really fun arcade game and I think we all won at least one! We walked the beach and Madi rode the carousel with her dad. We have jackets on, but it wasn't too bad.
We also visited the Roloff Pumpkin Farm in Beaverton. I had only seen the show once in Arizona and it looked fun. I wasn't as familiar with the show, but got an education about them and their life. They have a really nice house and they were filming. (Little People, Big World)
We all had to sign a release and get our pics taken for permission to be on the show. I guess we have to upgrade to TLC to see it! It was a fun time and of course we all got pumpkins. Shana you would have loved it! They had quite a fan club there.
That evening Trevor and Summer (Madi to) took us to a restaurant on the river. I had the best Tiger Prawns! Thank you!! We walked the river front, then went home and had birthday cake and ice cream.
We also watched Trevor play ball and hit a home run, go fishing and played the Wii. Sorry Mark about the two KO'S!! It was a fun trip and we thank the Heids for a great time. Madi you are so much fun and we will miss you!
As you know we love to sight see and we had great tour guides. We went to the Air Museum in Tillamook where Marks Dad served in the 1940's. He was on a Blimp that crashed into the ocean and we found a pic of him in the exhibit hall. It was really interesting, but cold in there!
We went to the Cheese Factory and watched the employees work! We had cheese samples, lunch and then headed for Seaside. We played a really fun arcade game and I think we all won at least one! We walked the beach and Madi rode the carousel with her dad. We have jackets on, but it wasn't too bad.
We also visited the Roloff Pumpkin Farm in Beaverton. I had only seen the show once in Arizona and it looked fun. I wasn't as familiar with the show, but got an education about them and their life. They have a really nice house and they were filming. (Little People, Big World)
We all had to sign a release and get our pics taken for permission to be on the show. I guess we have to upgrade to TLC to see it! It was a fun time and of course we all got pumpkins. Shana you would have loved it! They had quite a fan club there.
That evening Trevor and Summer (Madi to) took us to a restaurant on the river. I had the best Tiger Prawns! Thank you!! We walked the river front, then went home and had birthday cake and ice cream.
We also watched Trevor play ball and hit a home run, go fishing and played the Wii. Sorry Mark about the two KO'S!! It was a fun trip and we thank the Heids for a great time. Madi you are so much fun and we will miss you!



No comments:
Post a Comment