Thursday, January 5, 2012

I did it & Happy 2012.

It's true I always said I wouldn't cave into those fancy phones with the apps, the touch screen & Internet access.  I just needed a phone that received and places calls along with a few text messages.  A month before my contract ended I started the research into a new phone.  I haven't been happy with the cheap and free ones as the lack of clarity makes me sound like I'm hard of hearing.  Constantly repeating "say that again" gets old and many times the repeat is worse than the original comment.  With so many now getting the new fancy phones, the selection of cheaper ones became very limited, so why would I upgrade to something I might hate again.

I did look at the IPhone with all it's glory and all the reviews, I can't justify the expense of such a phone.  So I did go with something more my price.....a free Droid at Best Buy.  It has the Internet, you can bet I won't be posting on FB "At Walmart"  here is a picture of my shopping cart, nope won't happen.

If I see something worthy to take a picture of, I will share that.  One never knows what might be seen at Walmart!

Now that 2011 has ended, it's time for the year in review, a short one.  Here goes:

The Winter of 2011 resulted in frozen pipes, near hypothermia in the house and a high Propane bill.
A trip to Hawaii and Cancun left us feeling refreshed and warm with a lifetime of memories.
The Spring brought us new additions, Mini Donkeys and a goat (another goat later in the Summer), with all the play in the pasture to bond with them landed me a tick bite which resulted in Lyme Disease.....Ugh.  So far this Parasite hasn't got the best of me and nor will it, I refuse to be called a
"Lymie", something those with this call themselves.  I refuse to be defined by a tick borne illness, enough said.

Early Summer brought us the visit of Madi and then Kylan, what a great time that was.  It leaves me excited for Spring when they will return again to play and visit.

July brought another trip of a lifetime, it meant flying into Atlanta (which felt like a lifetime there after missing the connection to Indianapolis), once there I stayed with good friends Del and Linda Allen and we travelled to Niagara Falls in Canada to meet with Daily Puppy friends and what a blast that was.

Our House in Tremonton ended back up on the Market with no renters, that meant me going back to work. I did something I enjoy and know.....training dogs!  That has turned out to be a wise choice as the training as been endless here.  We did sell our house which was a stress reliever for us, I still work to bump back up our savings.

In December I lost my mom after a long battle with Strokes and Diabetes.  While I miss her and Dad does to, it was time as she had no quality of life.  I know we will all be together, as I know life continues after we pass through death.

Now it is 2012 and since adding a Pellet Stove, we are warmer, no chance of hypothermia!  Here's to 2012, may it bring good things for all my friends & family.  ♥♥♥♥

No comments: